10. Green Tea – Green tea contains antioxidants that have been shown to fight off viruses and boost the immune system while also giving a natural energy boost!
11. Mushrooms – Different mushrooms such as shitake, maitake, reishi, and button mushrooms have immune-boosting and antiviral properties. Try this recipe for Garlic Herb Mushrooms.
12. Cruciferous Vegetables – Adding plenty of cruciferous vegetables to your diet can help improve the function of the immune system, provide antiviral properties and anticancer properties. Cruciferous veggies include broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, brussels sprouts, collard greens, mustard greens, watercress and more.
13. Omega-3 Fatty Acids – These fatty acids have many contributory effects to the body, lowering inflammation, supporting immune health, and fighting off viruses. The best foods to get high amounts from are deep cold-water fish, flaxseeds, and walnut oil. Try this Simple Salmon Piccata or this Sweet & Spicy Orange Salmon.
14. Citrus Fruits and Vegetables – Citrus fruits like lemon, lime or grapefruit along with vegetables such as pumpkin, yellow peppers, and carrots contain high amounts of beta-carotene, which is an antioxidant known to fight off illness and also support vision health.
15. Figs – Figs are a strong source of vitamins A and C, magnesium, potassium, and calcium, and have been demonstrated to kill off bacteria. They can also help to regulate digestion!
And of course, remember in addition to Clean Eating for immune health, wash your hands and do your best to keep stress levels in check through self-care and sleep. We’re in this together!
Leave a Comment Below: