Love smoothies but need them to also be smooth on the sugar and fat? You are not here by mistake as this article will provide you with some of the best healthy smoothie recipes that will have you just right.
1. Banana-Oat Smoothie
This Martha Stewart recipe will have you full of protein and fiber with this healthy smoothie recipe you are just dying to try. Listed below is everything you will need to complete this healthy smoothie recipe:
- (1/4) cup of old-fashioned rolled oats
- (1/2) cup of plain low-fat yogurt
- (1)banana, cut into thirds
- (1/2) cup of fat-free milk
- (2) teaspoon of honey
- (1/4) teaspoon of ground cinnamon
These are great ingredients for a lean smoothie and no doubt delicious. The preparation is pretty simple as well. Just throw it into a blender and you are ready to receive your daily dose of protein and fiber. There’s more where that came from, so keep reading.
2. Blueberry Pie Smoothie
This healthy smoothie recipe is brought to you by Erin from Well Plated. I hear it tastes just like blueberry pie! Sounds yummy right? Oh just wait until you get whiff of what this healthy smoothie recipe contains. Here is a list of the ingredients.
- (1/2) cup of frozen blueberries
- (1/2) medium frozen banana, cut in slices
- (1/4) cup of plain no-fat Greek yogurt
- (2) tablespoons of old fashioned rolled oats
- (1/2) tablespoon of almond butter
- (1) teaspoon of vanilla extract
- (1/2) teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- (1/4) cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
There you have it, the base ingredients for this smoothie but this healthy smoothie recipe only gets better. These are two of the optional ingredients.
- (1/2) scoop of unflavored or vanilla bean powder
- (1-2) teaspoons of pure maple syrup
Next just add everything to the blender and blend. If the smoothie is too thick for your liking, add 1 tablespoon of almond milk at a time. Whether or not you include these optional ingredients you will be satisfied with the end result. But wait, there’s more!
3. Piña Colada Green Monster Smoothie Recipe
Just the sound of this smoothie makes my mouth water. How about you? This smoothie is packed with greens and fruits for health and flavor purposes. Ready to see what amazing ingredients make up this healthy smoothie recipe? Here goes:
- (1) cup of loosely packaged baby kale or sub regular kale
- (1) banana, (frozen bananas makes the smoothie thicker)
- (1/2) cup of frozen pineapple pieces
- (1/2) cup of canned light coconut milk, (shake well first)
- ice cubes, (not required)
- sweetener of choice (optional)
The bananas are added by the discretion of the author on The Chic Life. They are not usually in Piña Coladas but are are a great base for smoothies.
Add everything to the blender and blend for 1-2 minutes. If you want it thicker, add more ice to the blender. If you’re like my mama you will want it sweet. I would add some honey or just some sweet fruit juice. Pineapple juice sounds great. You will be making another before you’re finished with the first serving!
4. Creamy Coconut Cinnamon Smoothie
Add this smoothie to your list of healthy smoothie recipes and make your life a whole lot more healthier. Here are the ingredients: